Good afternoon!
Anyone who's seen "The Pink Panther" comedy-mystery films may recall an exchange in one of the movies between the bumbling Inspector Clouseau (actor Peter Sellers, sporting a thick French accent) and a pipe-smoking clerk in the lobby of a hotel.
"Does your dog bite?" Clouseau asks as he happens upon a cute little pooch on the floor.
"No," responds the clerk.
As Clouseau reaches down to pet the animal, it attacks.
He turns to the man and says, "I thought you said your dog did not bite?"
"That," the clerk says, "is not my dog."
When I first saw a photo of a mural of a pink-headed cat in Andersonville, on a rail viaduct at Ravenswood and Bryn Mawr avenues, I thought, "A pink panther!"
With my mind following naturally to the films and the aforementioned dog-bite scene.
Turns out it's not a pink panther in the painting, but a tiger.
And it has zilch to do with Sellers' franchise.
Rather, it's a statement on artist
Jeff Pak's Korean heritage, as well as the embodiment of his artistic philosophy: "to make really dope and weird stuff."
0 Comments